We are very pleased to announce that, following a thorough inspection by the CQC (Care Quality Commission) on 25 April, the resultant report was published ten days ago. The report rates Day and Nightcare Assistance services as consistently good, showing us to be caring, effective, safe, responsive and well-led. This is an excellent stamp of approval for our care provision, for our management team and office staff in Banbury, Oxford, Wantage and Witney, and all our home support workers in and across Oxfordshire whose work is very much appreciated.
Here are some of the quotes within the report which highlight why we’re thrilled with the CQC’s assessment of our care provision:
- People said that they felt safe with the care and support provided, and that staff were kind, caring and always respectful towards them.
- Staff had constantly put a lot of effort into providing care to people.
- The management team demonstrated effective leadership skills and care workers said they felt valued and supported.
- The care and support plans we saw during our visit included people’s involvement and were regularly reviewed. Staff knew about people’s individual needs and preferences and spoke about people in a caring and compassionate way.
- The service had received 30 compliments from people and their relatives since April 2014.
- I feel safe with the carers, I find them very helpful.
- The care workers that come are friendly, non–intrusive and happy to help.
- I think they [the home support workers] are really well trained and have the right skills.
- They always know how to address my needs.
- My choices are fully respected by staff.
Comments from relatives of clients:
- The carers are always professional, friendly and punctual.
- We couldn’t wish for a better set of carers.
- We have found the service flexible as sometimes our arrangements need to alter due to work demands.
- We are really pleased that we have found this service.
Comments from team members:
- I feel that they [the management team] have been very supportive for me and my personal development. Through them I have gained knowledge and qualifications that not only have benefited the company, but myself as well.
- In my experience this [supervisions and annual appraisals] has given me the chance to be open and I feel that I have been listened to.
- It is easy to see that they [management] are eager for all staff to be trained to the highest of standards so that we can deliver that care to the community.
We thank our whole team for their continued efforts to provide quality care, and thank everyone who uses our service for the kind comments that illustrate how we strive to provide in line with our company motto: Who cares? We Care.